T.G. Castlenut is a race car that formerly competed in the Piston Cup Racing Series for Re-Volting's racing team with the number 48. He was fired by Re-Volting's owner and replaced by Aaron Clocker mid-season.
In Cars 3, T.G. Castlenut competes in the 2016 season of the Piston Cup Racing Series. During the mid-season of that year, Jackson Storm made his debut which caused sponsors to fire veteran racers and replace them with Next-Generation race cars, that had better achievements on the tracks. Due to this, T.G. was forced to stop competing in the Piston Cup and Re-Volting replaced him with Aaron Clocker.
T.G. is a Brawny Motor Co. Spark EA race car with Lightyear racing tires. His eye color is blue. He has a red livery with a black hood, trunk and bold stripes on the sides. He has a white and gray roof. He has the number 48 on his sides and the roof with a red trim and the logo of Re-Volting on his hood, bumper, back and sides.
- Racing number 48 was also used by: Aaron Clocker and Heavy Semicooler.
- Other racers sponsored by Re-Volting were: Davey Apex, Bashman, Aaron Clocker, Leroy Heming, Slim Hood, Jet, Lonely, Nacho, Dusty Roadmeister, Sassy, Sky, Caleb Worley and Viper.
- While he and Aaron Clocker used the number 48 in Cars 3, Davey Apex, the Re-Volting racer in Cars, had used the number 84.
- Mattel had confused Davey Apex in its 1:55 scale diecast toy series, mistakenly labeling him as T.G. Castlenut.
Names in other languages
- Russian: Ти Джи Каслнат (transcription: Ti Dzhi Kaslnat)